We want you to reach your goals and love what you do because, let’s face it, we love this industry. It’s the greatest industry in the world. As beauty professionals, we get to make people look and feel great every day. As a result, people look forward to seeing us. There is so much potential for success. But getting started is the hardest part. In this series, “Business Advice from Eric Fisher,” we tap into Eric’s wealth of knowledge and share advice that will help you reach your goals. So, without further ado, here’s the latest business tip.
Be Unbelievably Likable
It’s hard to have an amazing, service-oriented business if people don’t like you. Clients like people who focus on them. Follow these eight tips to be unbelievably likable.
- Look the person in the eye. Eye contact shows that you’re actively listening and paying attention.
- Focus all of your attention on them. There can be many distractions in a salon, but you need to focus your attention on your guest. Avoid checking your phone or talking with other stylists.
- Listen to your clients. Show your clients that you’re really listening to what they’re saying by repeating it back to them.
- Nod in understanding. Nod your head up and down in understanding as your guest is speaking with you.
- Have an open mind. Be open to the things your guest is saying to you. Don’t shut down a guest’s ideas harshly or too quickly.
- Use positive body language. Body language is a non-verbal cue for your guests. Positive body language helps you appear open and approachable.
- Let your guests speak. We have a tendency to try and finish someone else’s sentences or answer before they’ve finished speaking. Be patient and don’t interrupt your guest.
- Mirror your clients when responding. Mirror your guest’s body language, tone, and energy to build rapport.
Review the eight tips and place them in order from what you need to work on the most to what you do really well. Then start at the top of your list and focus on each item for a week until it becomes a habit.
For more great business tips, click here.