Get Creative With Your Referral Program
We want you to reach your goals and love what you do because let’s face it, we love this industry. It’s the most incredible industry in the world. As beauty professionals, we get to make people look and feel great every day. As a result, people look forward to seeing us. There is so much potential for success. But getting started is the hardest part. In this series, “Business Advice from Eric Fisher,” we tap into Eric’s wealth of knowledge and share advice that will help you reach your goals. So without further ado, here’s the latest business tip.
Get creative with your
Did you know that 85% of your new customers will come from your existing clients? Nothing beats your client saying great things about you. The best kind of new clients is those who have heard someone else talk about your outstanding skills, abilities and service. These kinds of endorsements are like gold. Referrals are one of the best ways to generate new business. Nothing is better than a satisfied guest – a close second to that is a referral from a happy customer. The best way to encourage referrals is to ask your existing clients for them. Ask them to help you build your business. Most people genuinely want to help. Another great way to get referrals is to develop creative referral programs.
Referral Program ideas
Here are some creative ideas for generating excitement about referrals:
1. Create a referral competition. Tell your clients: “Send me three new clients and you’ll receive, (insert reward here) …” or “(Insert name) your name will go into a drawing to win (insert reward here) …” The reward could be several things such as a free service, a product basket, a gift card. This is an opportunity for you to get creative.
2. Whoever sends you the most clients with a time frame will receive a year’s worth of free services.
3. Anyone who posts a picture about you or the service they received before they leave their appointment receives something free on their way out. It could be a travel product or a new product you would like to promote.
4. Have your existing clients pass out referral cards to new clients with an offer for both of them to receive 20% off any service.
5. Get your existing clients to send a friend or family member to you and give them both 50% off any service.
6. Give a BOGO (buy one service, get one free) to an existing client that refers a friend or family member to you.
When creating a referral program, the sky is truly the limit. It’s up to you to create a program that fits your business. When you do, you’ll watch your books fill up!
Take the time to create your referral program. Think about the client’s requirement (what they must do), their reward (what you plan to give them), how much it will cost and what your reward will be. Here’s an example:
Clients Requirement: Send me three new clients
Client’s Reward: They will receive a complimentary bottle of moisturizer.
Your Cost: $22
Your Reward: 3 New Clients
If you have a great referral program already, leave a comment and tell us what it is.
For more great business tips, click here. Stay up to date with us; follow us on Instagram.
Are you interested in learning more about how to take your career to the next level? Check out the Be Wildly Successful online course led by Eric Fisher. It gives you a blueprint with a proven method for success to help you double and even triple your income. You’ll gain the skills to make more money and create the life you’ve always dreamed of having. Check it out here!