Sometimes, we are all thumbs when it comes to creating beautiful braids. Another Day, Another Braid makes it look so easy! We are loving this Elevated Dutch Braid which is perfect for 2 day hair, a special occasion or just for fun. Follow along to recreate this Elevated Dutch Braid look.
- Start at the crown of the head and take your first section.
- While holding that section of hair in the right hand, take a small section of hair from the left side.
- Take the section on the left and follow the simple technique – under the middle, then over.
- Moving over to the right side, take another small section and repeat the under the middle, over technique. Now you have your traditional 3 strands of hair for your Dutch braiding.
- Go back to the left side and take another small section. Add this section to the top third and repeat your under the middle, over technique.
- Continue adding hair from each side following the under the middle, over technique until you run out of hair and reach the nape area.
- Secure the ponytail with a clear elastic band.
- Take a very small section of hair and wrap it around the elastic 2 or 3 times to hide it.
- Using a bobby pin, secure the hair around the elastic by inserting the bobby pin upward behind the ponytail.
- At this point you can deconstruct your braid, curl the ends and personalize the look.
(Photo credit Another Day, Another Braid)
For more great updo ideas, check us out here.