“The Breeze” is an organic, romantic updo perfect for an evening event or wedding. Follow along step by step with Eric Fisher to recreate this look.
- Thermal protectant
- Light Hold Hairspray
- Large Tooth Comb
- Tail Comb
- Curling Iron with 1″ barrel
- Hair Elastics
- Bobby Pins
- Pre – curl the hair. Use a 1″ curling iron and spiral curl the hair towards the back of the head, away from the face.
- Lightly comb out the hair using a large tooth comb.
- Separate the hair from the crown to behind each ear and clip the front sections out of the way.
- Backcomb the hair at the crown; taking a larger section of hair, overdirect the hair to the front of the head and backcomb for a good, firm base.
- Repeat the backcombing with a few more sections, interlocking them as you go.
- Smooth the top of the hair and pin the backcombed hair under the crown. Pull and shape this area as desired.
- Separate the back section of hair into 2 smaller sections. Using an elastic and 2 bobby pins; create 2 small ponytails at the occipital.
- Take one of the front sections and divide it into 2 sections. Elevate the sections towards the crown and twist the hair into a roll.
- Pin this hair into the backcombed section at the back of the crown. Repeat on the other side.
- Loosen the rolls on the sides as desired for an organic, romantic look.
- Take one of the ponytails in the back and separate the curls with your fingers. Twist and de-construct this hair, wrap and pin into the hair above.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Evaluate your look for balance and deconstruct as desired.