Updo – How-to: The Horizontal Twist with Eric Fisher
September 10, 2019
The Horizontal Twist is a soft, organic updo perfect for weddings, proms or homecoming.
Follow this tutorial step by step with Eric Fisher to recreate this look.
- Light Hold Hair Spray
- Tail Comb
- Large Curling Iron
- Bobby Pins
- Boar Bristle Smoothing Brush
- Apply mousse to hairline area and smooth the hair around the hairline, front to nape, with a boar bristle brush.
- Using a large curling iron, loosely curl the hair doing cable curls
- Separate the hair from crown to just below the ear.
- Clip the front sections out of the way.
- Back comb the hair at the crown to form a tight base. Over direct the hair forward and backcomb 2-3 sections to achieve the desired volume.
- Secure the backcombed sections by placing bobby pins in vertically. Use as many as needed to secure this area.
- Twist the front section back and under crown. Deconstruct as desired. Pin the hair in with bobby pins to hold it in place.
- Repeat the process with the front section of hair on the other side.
- Continue taking sections and twisting the hair going from one side to the other.
- Evaluate your final look for balance and adjust and deconstruct as desired.